- The Queen of Angels Athletic Association has the right to modify or expand these rules and regulations as they see fit. Decisions of the judges are final.
- The Queen of Angels Athletic Association and its representatives are not responsible for any accidents, damage, or theft of equipment, supplies or property belonging to the contestants of this competition.
- Contestants must provide all needed equipment and supplies for this competition. Any type of grill or cooker (propane, charcoal, and wood) may be used in this competition. Absolutely no fires on the ground!! We have had some ice donated and will distribute one 20 lb. bag per team. You will have to provide any other ice that you need. We will provide at least one bag of charcoal, if you need more plan on bringing your own.
- Coolers will be inspected upon your arrival. Once we hand out the meat, it has to stay on our grounds. Your start time is up to you as you decide the time necessary to be ready for the judging time. For those that want to marinate, we will be there starting at 6:00am-? to hand out the meat. After the samples have been sent to the judges, those that cook pork butt can make sandwiches or we can make them.
- Observe proper sanitation and food handling procedures when cooking. We will have a hand sanitizing station available.
- We will have bins for ashes. Please keep you area cleaned up. A dumpster will be available.
- There is a 10 minute turn in window for each category. 5 minutes before to 5 minutes after the time. No exceptions!!
- There will be a head cooks meeting at 3:00.
- No use of any tobacco products in the cooking area.
- No pets in the cooking area.
- All COLD side dishes must be turned in by 1:00.
- All HOT side dishes must be turned in by: 4:30
- Chicken: 4:00
- Spare Ribs: 4:30
- Pork Butt: 5:00
- There will not be any electrical outlets available, so plan accordingly. All containers must be picked up that evening or be in disposable containers.
- Each category will have a panel of 6 judges. There may be multiple panels. They will score each entry from 1-10. The criteria will be appearance, texture, taste, and overall impression.
- Judges may not speak or consult with each other until after the scorecards have been collected.
- Each entry will be put into 6 marked containers (provided by us).
Bake Off Rules
- No entry fee to enter the bake-off; contestant can enter as many categories as they wish.
- Queen of Angels Athletic Association has the right to modify or expand these rules as they see fit. Decisions of the judges are final.
- Queen of Angels Athletic Association and its representatives are not responsible for any accidents, damage, or theft of equipment, supplies, or property belonging to the contestants of this competition.
- Pie must be entered in the name of the person who made it.
- Fruit Pie
- Non-Fruit Pie
- Sweet Bread/Roll/Muffins
- Youth(max age = 17)
- Bring your entry to the contest site (Queen of Angels) BY 1 pm on the day of the cook off. According to the Allen County Board of Health Regulations: NO PIES THAT REQUIRE REFRIGERATION (i.e. meat pies). The person running the Pie-Baking Contest will have the final say on acceptability of pies.
- We will cut the baked good before serving.
- Fill out the registration form.
- Acknowledge that the entered pies become the property of the Queen of Angels and that you must take your pie pan back that evening-all pie pans, springform pans, etc. will be our property after that evening. (please use disposable pie pans).
- If you are a winner, you give your permission to have your photo taken during the announcement ceremony and have it used for Queen of Angels promotional materials.
- A copy of your pie recipe would be appreciated; it may be used in future cookbooks.
- Judging will start at about 2pm
- Minimum of three judges per category (additional panels of judges may be assigned)
- Overall appearance
- Each judge assigns a numerical value (1-10) in each criteria category, without consultation with the other judges.
- The pie receiving the highest total numerical value is the winner in that category.
- In the case of a tie, the judges will judge those pies again.
- Winners will be announced after the judging is complete.
- Disposition of Pies
- All pies will be sold at the contest site or in the concession stand.
- All proceeds from the sale of pies will be donated to Queen of Angels.